Collaborative Communities may exist both online and off and consist of groups of people working together to solve complex problems in any field. The natural emergance of such communities are common in the workplace, however the conscious formation of such communities online (and off) stands to gain from more exploration of the subject.
Dilemmas and Proposals Edit
Below is a growing list of problems and solutions encountered in such communities.
Dilemma: not knowing how all the collaborators are to behave (netiquette) Edit
- defining a netiquette for the collaborators to develop and respect
- (do you mean how to) attract collaborators that have an agreed netiquette
- allow anything goes and have an effective conflict management strategy
Dilemma: collaborators that do not know what to do for the cooperative Edit
- developing explicit primary tasks and work for the group
- defining roles within the collaborative unit (who does what)
- allow time for intuitive structures of role definition to occur
- seek collaborators with more initiative
Dilemma: disagreements or misunderstandings Edit
- conflict management strategies (mediation, moderation, limitation, arbitrary decisions, etc)
- the collaborators as a harmonious symbiotic structure that includes conflict as positive
=== Dilemma: collectives that constantly raise problems without seeking solutions
- foster collectives who solve problems too
- foster collectives that raise & solve problems
- http://www.polyopticon.org/drupal/?q=forum/50 - a project with the aims of collaboratively developing a script for a performance among 20 or so writers, directors, performers, technical crew and designers.